How Your Rotary Club Can Help!
Bio-Sand Filter Adoption Programs
ADOPT A VILLAGE PARTNERSHIP
Your Rotary Club can change the life of an entire Indian village. Our unique Adopt-A-Village Partnership provides subsidized filters to change the health and lives of every man, woman and child in a rural village. For your contribution you and your Rotary Club can truly make a significant difference.
- Up to 90 Bio-Sand Filters to neediest village families
- Each family, or partner, must pay a small portion of the cost of each household filter. The sponsor pays all other costs of the program.
- Community steward trained to operate and maintain village filters for one year
- Educational program to teach village children water sanitation (this includes a bar of soap for each school child)
- Provide up to 1,350 people with clean water per day for 25-30 years
- Sponsor name on every donated filter
- Plaque in village with sponsor name inscribed
- Sponsors’s name on a plaque in the Kolar workshop
- Photograph of villagers with certificate of appreciation
- Ongoing updates of program activities
- Varies for each village depending on number of subsidized filters purchased by villagers; average cost is $3,000